Friday, July 9, 2010

organizing yarn for color work

We have an upscale grocery store in our area where we shop from time to time. Actually, my husband is the family grocery shopper (yes, I am very grateful!). He says that the cost of the fresh fruits and veggies is actually comparable to other stores. But I digress...

He has purchased wine at this store and has been given a complimentary "go green" bag with 6 compartments and a handle to carry the wine bottles home without breakage. As I was getting ready to do a knitting project with several yarn colors, this bag came to mind. I am able to put each color in a separate compartment so that the various yarns do not get tangled as I knit. At the same time, I only have to carry around one bag for the project. What a way to reuse a reusable grocery bag!

Once I'm done with the project (a vest for that wonderful husband), I will post it here.


Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!

Hilaire Belloc

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea ~ thanks for sharing!!! I can't wait to see your finished project...God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it, Patty. It's made my knitting life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a picture of the bag and the yarn. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try to post a picture as soon as my daughter returns from vacation with the camera that I use. It belongs to her so I will have to be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat - I can't wait to see the photo!

    ReplyDelete