Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nice to meet you! Ann from CherubinoCrafts' shop inroduction


Hello there! This is Ann from CherubinoCrafts and I am so happy to be part of the Catholic Etsy Artists Guild! Our member shops offer a wonderful assortment of handmade goodness. Here's a little background information on my little shop.

What inspired you to start an Etsy shop:

I have four kids ages 7, 5, 3, and 1. With everything going on in my life, I was looking for a way to incorporate selling my crafts into my crazy schedule! My sister had suggested I open an Etsy shop years ago, but at that time I only had two children and it was so much easier than it is now to do craft shows, sell on Craigslist and Ebay, etc. When #3 and #4 came along, it got harder and harder to find a creative outlet that didn't suck all my time! I stopped doing the old things, and started selling my work and teaching an occasional art class at a local studio. It was so much fun, but I wanted something on a regular basis that I could include the kids in. That's when the lightbulb went on! I set up my little shop, and love being a part of Etsy!

Tell us about your art:

I am a self-professed romantic, with a healthy measure of earthmama mixed in! My crafts reflect this, and are feminine and earthy items like moss topiaries, faux and dried floral arrangements, decor for home and weddings. In the spring I feature handwoven May Crowns. In addition to the above, I also make unique corn husk dolls, tabletop pieces, and creative children's items. My corn husk dolls are something I love sharing with my daughter. It's only Gianna and me in a house full of boys, so we like making pretty things together. If Dad and her brothers had their way, the whole house would be Chicago Bears blue and orange!

Pictures of your work:




Where do you create your items?


Since our move to Wisconsin, my sweet husband is currently working on a little workshop for me. For the meantime, I work where and when I can-- usually with all my little helpers fluttering about!

What is your favorite devotion?

It's so hard to pick just one! My husband's family is Italian, so we love dear Saint Joseph and host a big San Giuseppe feast in his honor each March 19th. I also love Franciscan spirituality with its abundant love of all God's creatures and the natural world. I have a special devotion to JPII. I also love my guardian angel and frequently seek his help in everything from keeping my family safe to helping me find good parking spots so I don't have to walk a long way with all the little ones!

Please visit my little shop and feel free to offer any suggestions or ask any questions you might have! God's Blessings to you!
























No comments:

Post a Comment