Sunday, November 14, 2010

Amy's Etsy Shop ltafrank

ABOUT ME

Hello, I’m Amy and it was a man in a supply store(leather, beads, etc.) who told me about Etsy. It sounded like a great place to have a little internet store.

I actually come from a family that loved arts and crafts. My Grandmother was a lady sign painter and when I was a little girl she used to give me a piece of masonite, pots of paint, and a paint brush and I’d paint along side her while she did her work. My father wasn’t professional in his art as he was an Engineer but he was always creating something. He did wire art, painting, drawing, pastels and wire sculpture. My aunt taught me fiber crafts, sewing, pattern alterations, crochet, knitting and other odd crafts. I was sewing, knitting and crocheting at age four. I spent my life with lots of craft books, craft supplies and all kinds of people all over the world learning about their crafts. ( Los Angeles where I grew up had people from all over.) I was always drawing, sewing, knitting, etc. while growing up.

When I went to University I took classes in fiber arts, costume, pattern designing, metal enameling. I worked six years with a professional artist in California where I learned everything about clay. I also too a two year course in doll making.

My favorite crafts today are knitting, sewing, pattern designing, clay or other modeling media, fiber spinning, weaving, crochet, embroidery, leather work and beading.

MY CATHOLIC FAITH INFLUENCES MY ART

As I am now Catholic, I am making clothes, accessories, and chapel veils. I hope to soon have some instruction patterns for those who would like to embroider saints. But right now I have one chapel veil pattern and one lady said it was a fabulous pattern. I just re did my shop so I don’t have much up yet only a few items but I am slowly working on adding more items to my shop

WHY LTAFRANK

Well it is only my son and I. I lost my husband last year. It is simply our first name inituals and our last name.

I HAVE A BLOG

I do have a blog.


It is a place where you can find information on craft techniques, information on supplies and where to find them, free patterns and more.

http://www.ripsimeh.blogspot.com/

WHERE TO PURCHASE MY ITEMS

I only sell on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ltafrank


MY FAVORITE DEVOTIONS

I am a new Catholic and so don't know too much about all the devotions yet.  My favorite is Mass.  I also do the cross and pray Our Father.  Hopefully soon my sponsor will teach me the rosery.

EXAMPLES OF MY ART

4 comments:

  1. Welcome, Amy! We're glad to have you in the Guild! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! It's so nice to learn more about you. And "welcome home" to the Catholic Church. Your chapel veils are lovely. God bless you and yours!

    Rose/Artist4God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! It is great to get to know you, your needlework is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete