Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's about that time to introduce myself...

Hi, my name is Tammy and I have two Etsy store, Righteous Rosaries ( www.etsy.com/shop/righteousrosaries ) and Star Graphics ( www.etsy.com/shop/stargraphics ).

 I have been an artist for over 20 years since high school. I have only been a Catholic since April 2010. Been a Catholic in my heart since summer 2008. The conversion and confirmation took some time, but now I get to go to Mass and have the Eucharist. That's the best time of my week. The other best times are being with my husband, spending time with my mum-in-law who lives with us (we take care of her as well, she is quite dependent on us) and running around after 4 pets, 3 cats and a dog.

 You may have wondered why do you have two stores? Well, I have two because Star Graphics turned from just doing web design/site and graphic design, to having actual pieces of art that evolved from my love of working with my hands. Then I was fixing a broken Rosary I had bought and thought to myself "I wonder if I can make these" I got some supplies and in about 2 hours, I had my first Rosary finished and usable. Then I did some brainstorming and lots and lots of praying and realised that I was meant to make Rosaries for my the rest of my life.

Then the jewelry came along and I thought what a great line to add to my Star Graphics. The Rosaries were crying out for their own store, I realised after much prayer this was the right thing to do for the Most Holy Rosary. Then Righteous Rosaries was born!

I am really blessed to be able to this from my home as my disabilities prevent me from getting a job outside the home, so this is a great way of keep me busy and hopefully to bring in a full income once they take off, so we aren't struggling on my disability cheque month to month. My husband is the one who takes care of all three of us and is an amazing man. We have been married for over 7 years but have known each other for 10 years. We have a really good communication between us and I am really able to rest and relax when Brian takes over the duties in the house. I make dinner, as I'm the better cook and Brian does everything else. He is amazing.


Having the Etsy stores and all that I do on blog as well, I find that my computer is my lifeline to the world out there. Sometimes I get cabin fever, but I joined the Calgary Catholic Women's League at our parish and I am hoping to expand my network of Catholic women friends there. Right now I have none here physically. I know our Lord is going to change that when I go to the potluck dinner on the 14th.

So that's about it from me, I must go and do my cooking for us three quite soon. Thanks for reading and I hope this was a fruitful introduction. I love the Catholic Etsy Artists Guild members, you guys and gals have made my life fuller and richer because of your input and sharing each and everyday!



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely and heartfelt introduction Tammy! Thank you so much for sharing with us all!

    God Bless you!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to get to know you Tammy! Many Blessings!!

    In the love of Christ
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rhonda - thanks for the feedback, how lovely of you to say *blushing*....Linda thanks for your loving comment **HUGS both of them**

    You made my day, and I'm glad I could share here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful introduction Tammy! And such beautiful works you create. Love you! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww Rosie Petals! Petal that's my new nickname for you Rose! Cause you're lovely, soft-hearted and kind like a rose petal! Thanks for your encouragement too! I checked out your Zazzle and I'm hoping after the 8th I'll be able to buy an item. Thanks again for your love! Tam xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great introduction! thank you for letting us get to know you and share in your creativity! I'm so happy that you joined the team! :)

    ReplyDelete