Monday, January 31, 2011

Shop Introduction : Melanie Beth from The Velvet Heart

Hi, my name is Melanie Beth (this is my given name, though I go by Beth).  I run The Velvet Heart on Etsy which I opened last May. 

I am a convert to Catholicism.  I first visited the Catholic church while dating my husband and immediately felt that I had "come home".  I like to say that I fell in love with my husband and the Catholic church at the same time!

I create vintage inspired jewelry, along with quite a few religious and spiritual pieces.  I have enjoyed creating jewelry off and on for a long time and have also taken up photography as a hobby since I've been home with my kids.  I have 2 small boys, aged 1 and 2 that keep me busy!

Here are a few things from my store:




Thanks for letting me share with you!

4 comments:

  1. Beth, I love your work! I was so sad to see the vintage Mary & flower necklace sold. I loved it! Keep up the great work!

    God bless,
    Heather @ ReaDo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's one of my favorites too. I am working on some others that are similar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, your items are GORGEOUS! Welcome to the Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am in good company!

    ReplyDelete