Friday, January 28, 2011

Shop Introduction: Patty from PMM Designs

ABOUT ME:

Hello, I am a 45yo SAHM. My husband and I have been married for 21 years and we have 3 wonderful boys whose ages are 19, 17 and 5!


WHAT INSPIRED ME TO START MY SHOP?
I had worked for a company part-time for 21 years but when our youngest was 1yo I left to become a fulltime SAHM. I began making rosaries not long after I had been at home fulltime. My first rosaries were mission rosaries that I sent out to various people that had requested rosaries. I moved on to create a birthstone rosary for my mom so that she could pray for her 5 grandkids as she said her daily prayers. A friend also asked me to create a personalized graduation rosary for her daughter. At about this time I learned about etsy and decided to see if anyone would be interested in allowing me to create personalized rosaries for them. I also am very passionate about the prolife movement and in particular the 40 Days for Life campaign. This was the inspiration for my ProLife Baby’s Feet rosaries that I offer.


ABOUT MY ART:
I design and create unique rosaries and Catholic devotions using high quality affordable materials. I had always been disappointed when I would go to stores to purchase my sons’ rosaries and they were so expensive. My goal is to offer beautiful custom rosaries at a reasonable price.


WHERE I SELL MY WORKS:
I have an etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/pmmdesigns1 and an artfire shop: www.artfire.com/users/pmmdesigns. I am considering participating in some church craft sales this fall but am still praying about that decision.


MY FAVORITE DEVOTIONS:
My favorite devotions are the rosary and the divine mercy chaplet. I believe that these two prayers are the ones most needed in our world today.



HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF MY WORKS:




Thank you for letting me share a little about myself! Please come on over and browse through my shop and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss a custom order.

Blessings!
Patty

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us get to know you better, Patty! Your work is beautiful, and you are a blessing to our Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Patty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rosaries too. I make rosaries to give to families that pray the Divine Mercy in my community. I received donations from members of my Church who know about my mission. Also, the Divine Mercy ministry I belonged to, we help our Parish by selling rosaries at the Parish Fiesta. Please visit my blog to read more about my spiritual journey. My sister, Whispering Oak at Etsy, recommended me to visit your blog; I'm glad I did! God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Prayer Warrior! Thanks for visiting the CEAG blog! :)

    ReplyDelete